Visit Laithwaites.co.uk

Wednesday 24 November 2010

Back From the UK

I arrived back in France today to a rather wintery scene here in Castillon!


I have been for a wonderful weekend in London helping out on Le Chai stand at the new Laithwaites wine show, held for the first time at Vinopolis in Borough Market.

And what a show it was, modern, exciting, colourful, informative, interactive and in a great location! Thanks to everyone who made the show possible and of course the customers who came along.

It was a fast and furious show but some of my favourites were:

Gunboat Pinot Noir 2009
Madame F Minervois 2009
André Dupuis 'Le Merrandier' Pinot Noir 2009
Andresen Colheita Port 1982

And my own little Font Del Bosc Maury 2005 which won a bronze trophy and stood up against the big Aussie boys! But Clare has to take the credit for a cracking pitch on the day!


I also must mention the great restaurant that I went to with Libby and our good friend Rioja winemaker Javier Murua, called St. John. Well worth a try if you are in town, and I also recommend the 2007 Savigny Les Beaune 1er Cru from Louis Chenu.

Visit laithwaites.co.uk

No comments: